lunes, 30 de marzo de 2009
viernes, 27 de marzo de 2009
Stitches West
Antonio and Carla came back from Stitches West in Santa Clara, CA.
They had a great time and shared many good moments with the Junkies that went visiting.
Here are some pictures and if you are going to Stitches South please stop by!


They had a great time and shared many good moments with the Junkies that went visiting.
Here are some pictures and if you are going to Stitches South please stop by!


miércoles, 4 de junio de 2008
Another update
Sorry for not updating before, things are moving kind of slow here. The building is now in the hands of the city hall, and as there is flammable material inside we can’t start working.
We were allowed in the building again today with Antonio to get a better idea of the damages and our first impression was correct. The mill is ok but everything that was in the warehouse is basically gone.
We are looking for alternatives, but we can’t do anything until we are given the building back, so we are still waiting. We hope it is not a long waiting but we are in Uruguay, so the answer is always “soonâ€. We have to be patient.
We are leaving for the TNNA show in Columbus on Wednesday. We will of course be monitoring things very closely, but for this week it seems there’s not much to do regarding rebuilding.
Again, I would like to thank you all for your support; it’s great to know that we have so many people with us at this difficult time. We are sure we will thought this soon, and who knows, we may end up doing things better after all this.
To those going to the TNNA show, we hope to see you there, I'll keep posting while I'm in Columbus.
We were allowed in the building again today with Antonio to get a better idea of the damages and our first impression was correct. The mill is ok but everything that was in the warehouse is basically gone.
We are looking for alternatives, but we can’t do anything until we are given the building back, so we are still waiting. We hope it is not a long waiting but we are in Uruguay, so the answer is always “soonâ€. We have to be patient.
We are leaving for the TNNA show in Columbus on Wednesday. We will of course be monitoring things very closely, but for this week it seems there’s not much to do regarding rebuilding.
Again, I would like to thank you all for your support; it’s great to know that we have so many people with us at this difficult time. We are sure we will thought this soon, and who knows, we may end up doing things better after all this.
To those going to the TNNA show, we hope to see you there, I'll keep posting while I'm in Columbus.
viernes, 30 de mayo de 2008
Update on fire at the mill
I want to thank you all for your messages of support, prayers and best wishes. We finally were let into the building this afternoon.
I have good news and bad news.
The mill is still functional, there is very little damage, and we can start working as soon as the building is open, and after we have electricity back. We hope it will take less than a month but we don’t know as the firefighters are still working on it. After that the municipality has to inspect the building and say which areas are approved and which are to be closed. But basically is a problem of when, not how.
The bad news is that the offices, the lab and the warehouse are basically ruined, we may be able to recover some yarn, but most of it (among it 500 kilos of the sock on the works) is probably gone.
We will have to move the warehouse, we hope we will be able to keep dyeing in the building, but that depends on what the fire department and municipality say.
We think it will take us 20 to 30 days to be dyeing again, either there or at a new location.
We had insurance which will help (in part) with the recovery, but nothing can pay for the time it will take us to be back in a situation where we can ship as before.
Thanks again for your prayers and best wishes, I’m in a down mood right now, just to see all that wasted yarn was heartbreaking, but I hope things will start to look much better next week.
I have good news and bad news.
The mill is still functional, there is very little damage, and we can start working as soon as the building is open, and after we have electricity back. We hope it will take less than a month but we don’t know as the firefighters are still working on it. After that the municipality has to inspect the building and say which areas are approved and which are to be closed. But basically is a problem of when, not how.
The bad news is that the offices, the lab and the warehouse are basically ruined, we may be able to recover some yarn, but most of it (among it 500 kilos of the sock on the works) is probably gone.
We will have to move the warehouse, we hope we will be able to keep dyeing in the building, but that depends on what the fire department and municipality say.
We think it will take us 20 to 30 days to be dyeing again, either there or at a new location.
We had insurance which will help (in part) with the recovery, but nothing can pay for the time it will take us to be back in a situation where we can ship as before.
Thanks again for your prayers and best wishes, I’m in a down mood right now, just to see all that wasted yarn was heartbreaking, but I hope things will start to look much better next week.
Suscribirse a:
Entradas (Atom)